How to cook Tri Tip on gas grill topic one of the hottest trends on the weekend. Originating off the tri-tip West Coast, this beef cut is becoming one of the favorite dishes across the country.
Tri Tip Beef Cut is triangular in shape, providing rich juicy authenticity. Cooking a Tri-Tip on a gas grill is not difficult as it is brand. So it is natural to feel a little nervous and hesitant.
A freshly removed Tri Tip can weigh up to 5 pounds, but a trimmed one can weigh between 2 and 3 pounds when you go to buy it.
The butcher and restaurant owner claims that the Tri-Tip was originally named and marketed under the name “Newport Steak” in the 1950s.
If you are tasting Tri Trip for the first time, then the taste might surprise you. You can smoke, grill, and boil it however you like. I enjoy the taste of all formats. If you want to smoke always use a lower temperature which adds to the flavor.
Tri Tip On Gas Grill
Look at your Tri-Tip beef cut, how thin it looks but quite heavy in taste. When we talk about grilling or roasting this triode. Tri is referring to the entire cut of meat near the flap above the tip and below the sirloin.
The Tri-Tip can be cooked whole, with enough room in your gas grill, and then sliced and served to guests. You can also cut the tri-tip into 1″ thick which can be grilled individually.
How To Cook Tri Tip on Gas Grill
Now it’s time to show how to grill and season the tri-tip on a gas grill. You must learn the recipe for Red Ranch Sauce.
This is the easiest way to do grilling tri-tip that you should follow which will give you the best taste.
Ingredients for Tri Tip Grilling
- 2-3 pound tri-tip roast (trimmed fat)
- 2 Tablespoons Beef Rub
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
I keep telling to all my readers to make their own BBQ rub ingredients. Spices are needed to cook this delicious beef cut, but not too many ingredients.
Start with a grain of fine salt, pepper, and crushed garlic add in red wine for seasoning.
If you don’t have a beef rub at that time, you can season the tri-tip with 2 tsp kosher salt, 2tsp coarse ground black pepper, and 2 tsp garlic powder.
To make the mopping liquid, combine the following ingredients in a bowl. Trust me, you only need 6 simple ingredients to make this great Tri-Tip Grill recipe!
For best results, I recommend soaking tri-tip overnight in this marinade, if you don’t have time then it should be marinated for at least 30 minutes.
Method – How to Grill Tri Tip On Gas Grill
It is a good idea to grill the tri-tip on a gas grill in easy and clear ways. Here are 6 easy and simple steps that give the best-grilled tri-tip flavor.
- Preheat your gas grill; Fire your gas grill or charcoal grill to 350 degrees F for two-zone grilling.
- Seasoning Tri-Tip; Make tri-tip cuts on all sides from the beef rub or make your own dry rub with equal amounts of kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Remove the tri-tip from the wiping liquid; Before grilling your tri-tip, wring out your mopping liquid and allow it to dry.
- Grill over indirect heat; Place the seasoned roast directly on the grill grates over indirect heat. Grill the tri-tip and flip it every 5-6 minutes. Keep moistening with the remaining liquid each time you turn the meat. Continue grilling until your roast is within 10 degrees of your final target temperature.
- Roasting time; Move Tri Tip to direct heat and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches your desired doneness. I recommend cooking this tri-tip grill for medium to rare. It will impart a juicy flavor without drying out.
- Rest and serve; Leave your meat on the cutting board for 10-15 minutes. Cut it against the grain and serve it to your hungry people including yourself.
How Long to Grill Tri Tip
Grilling the Tri Trip takes about 25-50 minutes and the whole process takes about 75 minutes. It depends more on how adept you are at each job as well as how you like the taste of meat.
Another reason that grilling time makes a difference is how accurate and stable the temperature of a gas grill is.
Instead of taking the meat off the grill after a certain amount of time, measure the readiness based on the internal temperature. Invest in a reliable instant temperature gauge and when your grilled tri-tip is done, wait until the right time to remove it.
Learn differences between two of most favorite meat cuts Prime Rib and Tomahawk
FAQ – How To Cook Tri Tip on Gas Grill
What temperature do you grill tri-tip?
Try to maintain the grill temperature between 280°F to 350°F. Cover the gas grill and cook until the internal temperature of Tri-Tip reaches 120°F for rare roasts, 130°F for medium-rare, and 140°F for medium goo.
What temp should you take tri-tip off?
Pull out the tri-tip from a gas grill or charcoal grill when the internal temperature reaches 125-130 degrees Fahrenheit for a final medium-rare doneness temperature of about 130-135 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you grill tri-tip so it’s tender?
Place tree tip on hot grill and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until grill marks form on both sides. Reduce heat to 350 degrees, and continue grilling, flipping every 5–6 minutes, until the tri-tip reaches your desired doneness.
Use the step-by-step guide on how to Cook tri-tip on a charcoal grill
6 Easy Steps How to Cook Tri Tip on Gas Grill
How to cook Tri Tip on gas grill topic one of the hottest trendings on the weekend. Originating off the tri-tip West Coast, this beef cut is becoming one of the favorite dishes across the country.
Type: Grilled Tri Tip
Keywords: How To Cook Tri Tip on Gas Grill, How To Grill Tri Tip on Gas Grill
Preparation Time: 15
Cooking Time: 45-50
Total Time: 75