Cuisinart Pellet Grills Problems – Let’s Learn with an Expert and Fix the problem “Why Your Cuisinart Pellet Grills Not Working“
There is no doubt that as soon as Cuisinart Pellet Grill came into the market, it surprised the old players. But all other brands have some serious issues. So, Cuisinart Pellet Grill does not have a problem. In this guide, we discuss Cuisinart Pellet Grills’s Problems and solutions.
The Pellet grill is a great innovation without hesitation that has managed to enhance the taste of backyard griller and smoking. But despite the Cuisinart pellet grill’s advanced technology, I’ve experienced problems with this.
- Temperature fluctuation
- The Pellet grill is not heating
- The induction fan not working
- The ignitor rod not working
- Auger not turning
- Errors codes
The above are just a few of the issues that can spoil cooking with your pellet grill but they are really all common problems. Check which one is the best gas or pellet grill.
Cuisinart Pellet Grills Problems & Solutions
After experimenting with it I’m pretty sure you can’t fix them without the right information.
This guide is based on our experience, You will find almost all the problems of the Cuisinart pellet grill, Read the article carefully till the end and find out your problem then test it in just a few minutes.
Start learning why your Cuisinart pellet grill not working.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill Auger Not Turning
Your pellet grill auger is jammed but why are the Cuisinart pellet grills problems? Of course, this is a big issue, and you should recognize it. And learn how difficult it is and its solutions.
The most common cause of Cuisinart pellet grill auger jams is the use of low-quality pellets or pellets that have been left in the hopper for an extended period of time. Some grillers do not clean the hopper properly.
If you have left pellets in the hopper for a long time, moisture may have built up. When you reuse pellets that contain moisture, you run into auger jam problems.
You may consider pellets and augers as the culprit, but the truth is that this problem arises due to a lack of proper knowledge. Due to this the components can be damaged or broken.
You can fix this problem with our guide or else contact a professional to solve this issue.
How To Fix Auger Jam Issues
- Remove all pellets from the hopper, firebox, and auger box using a high-pressure vacuum cleaner.
- Remove the auger, and clean the auger tube, and fix it.
- Clean the hopper.
- Make sure to always use high-quality hardwood pellets.
- Make sure the pellet and the inside of the hopper are completely dry.
- Regular cleaning of pellets from the hopper is essential to avoid further problems like this.
This video will teach you how to clean an auger.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill Fan Not Working
What Causes your Cuisinart pellet grill fan not to work, this problem arises when you start using your pellet grill after a long time or do not maintain it properly.
When grease or dust accumulates on the grill fan, it can affect the fan’s performance. These are the only reasons behind the fan not running. The igniter rod requires oxygen to ignite the pellets and a fan is its source.
How To Fix Pellet Grill Fan Issues
- Disconnect all electrical connections to the grill before starting.
- Clean the fan and remove all grease and debris.
- Spin the fan several times with your hands so that the dirt accumulated in it is removed and the fan continues to run.
- Take out the fan and wash it thoroughly.
- If the induction fan is broken or beyond repair, replace it.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill Ignitor Not Working
The Cuisinart pellet grill hot rod not working properly which simply means, your pellet grill ignitor/hot rod is faulty or damaged. This problem will arise if you have not taken proper care of it or it is bound to happen after a few years.
A faulty or damaged igniter/hot rod will not be able to ignite the pellets. But because of the mechanical system, the auger continuously feeds the pellets into the fire pot.
If this continues, it will become difficult for pellet grills to keep things running smoothly. Eventually, the fire in the pellets will go out.
Perhaps a good thing for some people, the Cuisinart pellet grill is under warranty, so you can order parts that fit easily without investment. Typically the igniter rod has a life of 3 years, depending on how often you use it.
How To Fix Camp Chef Hot Rod Problems
- Remove all components like cooking grates etc.
- Find the firepot, and disconnect the broken hot rod from the control panel
- Remove and replace the hot rod with a new one
- Re-fix all removed parts
- Start grilling
There are some other factors that affect the igniter performance of a Cuisinart pellet grill. Check these for troubleshooting of the Cuisinart pellet grill.
- Make sure all electrodes spark when you press the igniter button.
- Properly check the battery igniter cap.
- Check for unplugged electrode wires or ground wires.
- Check the wires for damage, including breaks.
- Check the electrodes for cracks in the porcelain insulator.
- Check for damage to the electronic igniter box.
Deluxe pellet grills feature an igniter in the cooking compartment, but other models will have to be considered carefully. So read your pellet grill manual carefully and see where the igniter rod is located.
This video teaches you a lot about how to replace a hot rod.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill Not Heating
If your Cuisinart pellet grill is not heating, there are several reasons why. Which three main reasons and a blocked fire pot. May you be using old pellets, strong wind, and cold weather conditions. Due to this, there is a constant struggle to reach the set temperature.
Low-quality or moist pellet wood is a big reason why your pellet grill is not heating up. Airflow also creates issues of heating issues.
Fix Cuisinart Pellet Grill Heating Problem
- If you’re cooking in a cold region, you’ll need a high-quality insulated cover that can’t be overlooked.
- Always use high-quality pellets and use airtight bags or containers to store leftover wood pellets. Avoid hardwood pellets containing moisture.
- Check if may pellet grill fire pot is blocked, For deep cleaning use a vacuum cleaner.
- sure your grill is at least 24 feet from flammable construction, and that all back vents are unobstructed. The chimney cap should have a gap of at least 1.5 inches.
- You should also keep an eye on the fan, if it is dirty then clean it and check it.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill Temperature Fluctuations
The problem of temperature fluctuations will definitely come in your Cuisinart Pellet Grill because it is a common problem but what can be the reasons for it?
Everything you need to know to keep your meat from spoiling. Fluctuations in temperature can be due to many reasons.
The biggest reason is to use low-quality or moisture-content wood pellets, strong wind, cold weather, faulty temperature thermometer, airflow, dirty temperature sensor, and faulty RTD sensor.
Learn below how to fix Cuisinart pellet grill temperature fluctuations
Low-Quality & Moist Wood Pellets
We have told all those pellet grill owners out there in several different articles that you must use high-quality wood pellets so as not to shorten the life of your pellet grill.
Always use air-tight bags or containers to store wood pellets. If your wood pellet has moisture, use it properly as compost in your garden.
Strong Wind & Harsh Weather
If you notice that the wind is blowing at 60 mph or if the temperature is cold in your area, the heater will have trouble reaching the heat set and will continue to fluctuate.
To avoid this, cover the grill with an insulated thermal cover and keep the grill in a place where both these problems do not occur.
You should check the RTD sensor whenever your pellet grill has a temperature problem, it may be covered with dirt or steam, or it is not touching the grill wall.
Carefully remove the temperature sensor from the pellet grill and put it back after wiping it down with a clean cloth.
Airflow is the critical control of heat and smoke, if the air outlet is blocked in any way or the fan is unable to generate air then the airflow stops due to a sudden drop in temperature.
In this case, you should check the air damper may be closed and keep an eye on the fan speed. Make sure the airflow is not clogged, if the fan is not working replace it.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill Error Codes
Whenever any error shows on the control panel of your Cuisinart Pellet Grill then often people get worried about what mistake have I done, what will happen now, or how to deal with this problem now.
Read the meaning of all error codes below so that they can be easily resolved.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill ErP Code & Solution
An “ErP” error code on the control panel means that your grill is not getting power even when plugged in. This ERP error code will also appear if the power goes out during cooking.
- Check power outlet is working.
- Check the connection wire, if loose, tighten it.
- If you use an electric cord make sure is not more than 25 feet.
- Make sure the unit is switched on.
If after checking still not working properly then there might be a problem with the control panel, in which case we are advised to contact an expert.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill ErH Code & Solution
The ErH error code usually means that the temperature of your pellet grill’s cooking chamber has exceeded 500°F.
In this case, first of all, you have to switch off the grill. Inspection should be carried out only after everything has cooled down.
- Unplug and switch off your pellet grill
- Before starting make sure the grill is cool-down.
- Check the drip tray and cooking chamber, they may contain excess grease.
- Clean the drip tray and cooking chamber.
- Check the RTD sensor, and give a 6″ gap if close to the wall.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill ErL Code & Solution
Indicates an “ERL” error code related to low temperature. If your pellet grill’s cooking temperature is below 160°F. We see the code “ErL” on the control panel.
There isn’t just one reason the Erl error code appears, there are many reasons why.
- For inspection first, unplug the electrical connection to the unit.
- Check the hopper whether there are wood pellets.
- Make sure there is no moisture in the wood pellet
- Check the firepot to see if the auger is feeding pellets.
- Check the fan is it correct.
- Check the igniter rod.
If still everything is not working properly then a specialist can be called.
How to clear about all this information given above.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill ErR Code & Solution
We’ve told you about the problems caused by a faulty RTD in several places, but you get an “ErR” message when the thermocouple is bad or not hooked up in a Cuisinart pellet grill. So that you can easily solve the problem.
- Check that the thermocouple connector is good, and the wire is not damaged, if it is loose then tighten it.
- If after this the error does not go away then the temperature sensor is faulty, and it’s time to replace it.
Cuisinart Pellet Grill Er1 Code & Solution
When the “ER1” error code appears on the control panel, it means that the onboard temperature as measured by the main control board sensor maximum working temperature of 158°F.
- Make sure the temperature sensor is not faulty or with damaged wire.
- If the RTD probe is working well, then the control board needs to be replaced by a specialist.
FAQs – Cuisinart Pellet Grill Problems
Why my Cuisinart Pellet grill LCD screen will not light up?
There are 4 possible reasons why your Cuisinart pellet grill control panel may not have a light. Check that the grill is plugged into the power socket, that the fuse may have blown, that the GFI outlet is not tripped, or that the control knob is still in the “Off” position.
Why Cuisinart pellet grill is not getting hot enough?
Whenever you have a low-temperature problem with your pellet grill, it’s often for a simple reason, the real reason behind it is the fireplace, not lighting, or something you’re not supposed to do.
1. Adjust the temperature control knob on the temperature controller.
2. Avoid the temptation to check the food frequently.
3. Verify there are pellets in the pellet hopper.
4. Check firepot has pellets.
5. The fire is extinguished in the lower setting.
Why is my Cuisinart pellet grill not light wood pellets?
There are 4 possible reasons why you might not want to grill wood pellets. Low-quality or moist wood pellets are used, the auger is not primed, the auger is jammed, or the grill has a faulty ignition.
First of all, you have to ensure the quality of the pellet, then inspect its auger and igniter road, which is explained in detail above.
Why is the Cuisinart pellet grill getting too
This will happen if your pellet grill is exposed to direct sunlight. Another is when there is a build-up of grease in your cooking box or drip pan, it makes it more likely to start a fire. Because grease has the power to kindle a fire.
1. To avoid this problem, keep away your pellet grill from direct sunlight.
2. Check the drip pan and cooking box, if there is any debris or grease, clean them with a cloth.
Why did the smoke come out of the pellet hopper?
This is not a problem, it is normal due to the air pressure inside the grill. It will not affect cooking.
When you turn off your Cuisinart pellet grill, the fan continues to run for approximately 12 minutes. If you don’t allow this cooling process, it could cause the auger tube to catch fire.
Final Verdict; Cuisinart Pellet Grills Problems
I hope you have learned a lot about Cuisinart pellet grill problems from my experience. Now you know why the Cuisinart pellet grill auger jams, why the fan is not running, and many other types of problems are discussed.
The above issues are some that you should think about when considering carefully repairing or maintaining your pellet grill.
Good luck fixing the problems with your Cuisinart pellet grill, we’ve tried to help you get started to smoke once again and hopefully get things heating up fast again that based on experience.
If you still have the same problem – call “Cuisinart Customer Care” at 1-800-472-7606