Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill – If you are looking for a new solution for outdoor BBQ, the pellet grill is the modern and precise solution that is gaining quadruple popularity day by day.
The outdoor pellet grill is great at heat distribution which ensures even heat to the meat and gives your food that exquisite and unique smoky flavor.
Completely prevents the burning of fire with flammable fuel and waste of time. Simply insert the pellet into the hopper and with the press of a button your pellet grill is ready to cook.
The gourmet pellet grill is more versatile than you would a traditional grill. Pellet grill allows you to BBQ, smoke, braise, roast, grill, and bake in just one place. This special ability has contributed significantly to the popularity of this grill.
We will review and discuss the Outdoor Gourmet Triton XL pellet grill in this article. And also compare with other pellet grills.
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill – Overview
The outdoor gourmet grill comes with cost-effective features that provide a huge cooking area for smoke, grill, BBQ, braise, bake, and roast.
Altogether its 1228 square inches cooking area can be put to good use and can be used to cook a wide variety of dishes. You have chosen this outdoor pellet grill.
The large pellet hopper with a capacity of 20 pounds of wood pellets allows you to prepare barbecue for hours without having to refill. Read the related article for the best pellet grill smoker
What we like
Although most pellet grills have wonderful features that will make you want to have a pellet grill, most pellet grills are quite expensive for what you pay. Many people prefer outdoor grills which often cost more.
Here are the unique features that come to the outdoor gourmet grill that prove to you that it’s a great grill.
- Features a 6-in-1 versatile cooking grill that you can smoke, grill, bake, barbecue, roast, and braise.
- This pellet grill is cost-effective.
- A 1228 square inch spacious cooking surface.
- Warming rack and cooking grates made from welded heavy-duty steel finished by porcelain-coated.
- A digital temperature controller for precise adjustment of food temperature.
- It has an adjustable smokestack damper that is made of stainless steel.
- It has a meat probe that offers to monitor the temperature of the food without opening the lid.
- The Pellet Hopper’s massive 20-pound capacity allows meat to cook longer without having to refill fuel.
- It has two wagon wheels and two castors, which makes it easy to transport and portable.
- Folding front shelf for easy storage.
- Multiple hooks for your utensils that keep the tools with you.
- A stainless steel grease tray that cleans up easily.
- 1-year warranty which is not enough.
What we don’t like
The gourmet pellet grills we’ve seen have plenty of features but some customers in my investigation have pointed to performance discrepancies between models. As such they have a problem with its controllers and the customer service makes it extremely difficult to resolve. Must read for best pellet smoker under 500
- No customer support and service
- Problem with temperature controller
- Lacks proper user manual
What Features in an outdoor gourmet pellet grill
Let’s take a closer look at one of its features so that your buying decision can go a long way.
The Outdoor Gourmet Triton XL Pellet Grill is also rich in versatility like other pellet grills. It allows you to adopt many different cooking styles while simultaneously creating different and new types of dishes.
This pellet grill allows you to cook barbecue, smoke your favorite meats for a great smoky flavor, and tenderize food to roast. You have the option of praising your turkey when Thanksgiving arrives.
The price of the Triton XL pellet grill which sets it apart from other pellet grills is quite attractive. Although pellet grills are often quite expensive, they give you great features instead, sometimes requiring you to invest in a separate one.
The price of an outdoor gourmet Triton XL Pellet grill is quite low as compared to most of the options available in the market. However, the best part of this unit from you is that it doesn’t cut costs at the expense of significant features. This pellet grill has all the key features you look for in the best pellet grill.
The best pellet grill that can provide you with all the features can cost over $500 read this article if you are interested in the best portable pellet grill.
Heavy Duty Construction
If we are talking about the material of exterior gourmet pellet grill construction which is made of heavy-duty steel and finished with porcelain-coated which is protected from rust. But its lightweight components can make your grilling pleasures work.
Not Reliable Performance
It’s nice to have an outdoor pellet grill with so many features for its low price. Let’s leave it to the symptoms.
This outdoor pellet grill can sometimes give you good performance but often you have to struggle with it for great performance.
Read if you want to convert your grill into natural gas by using Natural Gas Conversion Kit
The most interesting feature I liked about this Outdoor Gourmet Triton XL Pellet Grill is its cooking surface area. The cooking area of 1228 square inches allows multiple sections to be worked on.
It enables you to barbecue and cooks different dishes and you are more proficient with it. The Triton XL Pellet Grill by outdoor gourmet has a large cooking space that gets you ready for a backyard party.
It comes with a large capacity to store wood pellets that can cook your food for over 10 hours without refueling. This means your meat will cook slower and longer which increases its performance.
Many believe its large size makes it difficult to transport, but this outdoor gourmet grill with two wagon wheels and two sturdy coasters is designed to make transportation easy. It is easy to go to the place of your choice.
The Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Unite Cooking Grate has a porcelain coating that makes it easy to clean. After you’re done cooking, let it and the grates cool down so you can clean the pellet grill more easily.
The Pellet Grill with Grease Tray is ideal if you cover it with aluminum foil before use. Adopting this process makes it easier to dispose of fats, baked-on, burnt items, and food residues.
Digital Temperature Controller
This pellet grill from outdoor gourmet has a lot of useful accessories that you can take advantage of. But The Digital temperature controller offers to make an accurate and adjust the temperature using your smartphone.
It comes with even more great features like a meat probe, stainless-steel grease tray, folding front storage shelf, and multiple hooks for utensils.
While many Pitmaster expects that type of feature in a standard pellet grill, some pellet grills provide you with all of these features at a much lower cost.
The Outdoor Gourmet Triton XL pellet grill gives you a 1-year limited warranty. Although this doesn’t sound like enough to me, users who love pellet grills need the long warranty they’ve invested in. A longer warranty gives some satisfaction to the buyer.
Lack of Support
However, it may not be what you think is natural and problems with outdoor gourmet Triton XL pellet grills are increasing more and more due to a lack of adequate customer support. It is very disappointing with its customer support.
Check out the difference between Pellet Grill vs Gas Grill Cost – Which Is Best For Grilling.
Overall though, it is good for beginners which was available at a low price. Its biggest problem is that you can’t find anywhere to purchase it. It has stopped selling on almost all online platforms. So it is better to consider the second and better option or else waste your time.
Best Options for Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grills
If you’re a BBQ lover, investing in a pellet grill can be challenging. However, it is quite expensive and some people find the affordable price attractive. The low price simply means that you will not get many advanced features of the pellet grill.
If you’re looking for a high-quality pellet grill that often gives people trouble, it’s not easy to find.
If we talk about the grill area, the Outdoor Gourmet Triton XL Pellet Grill looks good but lacks durability. If your budget is under $500 then definitely read this which might stop your search.
I have suggested you top 5 outdoor pellet grills which will be great options for you. I am providing is based on their reliability, strength, long life, performance, warranty, and especially high feedback from verified users.
1. Z GRILLS ZPG-550C New Model Wood Pellet Grill
The ZPG-550C Outdoor Pellet Grill comes with all the basic features we need in the best outdoor pellet grill like structured ingredients, lid seal for heat and smoke lock, front table, bottom shelf, tool hocks, portability, easy cleaning, and many more basic features.
- The 8-in-1 versatile specialty that you can BBQ, smoke, roast, braise, bake, sear, and char-grill all in one place.
- It is made of high-grade steel with porcelain coated which prevents corrosion.
- The new model of Z Grills 2021 ZPG-550C Grill Smoker comes with a grilling area of 550 square inches.
- Advanced wood-fired technology gives you a taste of wood.
- Advanced auger system automatically feeds pellets and maintains temperature according to dial setting.
- Hopper capacity 10 lbs pellets can offer 5 hours of continuous smoking.
- The advanced PID controller intelligently controls the temperature which helps to control the temperature accurately.
- Ensures a consistent temperature with advanced PID technology (+/- 5ºF)
- The control board comes with an LCD read-out that displays the temperature for you to read it easily.
- This unit comes with a 3-year limited warranty
2. PIT BOSS 700FB Pellet Grill
Pit Boss 700FB pellet grill is our favorite pellet grill with all the basic features but is more reliable in strength and performance. Although the name Pit Boss is enough, still you should take a look at some of its features.
- The Pit Boss 700 FB Pellet Grill is versatile for every idea you want to cook.
- It is made from heavy-duty 14 gauge steel and with porcelain-coated cast iron grill grates that prevent rust.
- As the name suggests, it has a total grilling area of 700 square inches.
- An automatic auger system that feeds fuel to the unit automatically uses the dial setting.
- The 18-pound hopper capacity allows for up to 10 hours of slow-cooking grilling and great results.
- The flame broiler is a simple slide plate that allows full control for direct flame grilling.
- PID controller allows continuity control over temperature.
- Ensures a consistent temperature with advanced PID technology (+/- 5ºF)
- The LCD screen displays an easy-to-read control board.
- The Pit Boss FB700 has a 5-year limited warranty.
3. Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Electric Wood Pellet Grill
The Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 does not disappoint its fans at all and has a great pellet grill. It can be said to be omnipotent, which can make you the king of your backyard grilling. All you have to do is bring it home. Let’s see its features.
- The Treasure Pro Series 22 Pellet Grill is a versatile barbecue for cooking hot and fast, or low and slow.
- It offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, roast, bake, braise, and BBQ meals to juicy perfection.
- Pellet grill made of heavy-duty steel structure and grill grates cover with cast iron porcelain.
- The 18-pound hopper capacity is excellent for 10 hours of grilling or longer.
- Its total cooking surface is 572 square inches (418 square inches with the main cooking area, and 154 square inches in the warming rack).
- Two meat probes let you monitor multiple cuts of meat without opening the lid.
- The Pro Series brings precise temperature control, the Digital Pro Controller has advanced grilling logic to keep teams within +/- 15ºF to guarantee accurate grilling.
- Get reliable results due to consistent temperature every time.
- Trager built the original wood pellet grill for the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired flavor.
- Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 warranty is 3-years limited.
4. Camp Chef PG24MZG SmokePro Slide Smoker
It’s rare when it comes to not have the best gourmet pellet grill and camp chef’s unit. We also selected our fourth Pellet Grill Camp Chef PG24MZG SmokePro Slide Smoke to complete your list.
- This best outdoor pellet grill can cook every type of food. This versatile unit grill can smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue all on a single grill with premium wood-fired flavors.
- Made of durable material for long-lasting functions and protects against any kind of weather and corrosion.
- Camp Chef allows cooking steak with direct flame mode
- It has the combination of an adjustable 2-tier cooking surface for a total cooking area of 811 inches which is great.
- PID controller with 1-10 smoke settings for excellent temperature control.
- A front foldable shelf that helps with easy storage and holding essential tools.
- The 20-pound hopper capacity is capable of cooking upwards of nits and is great at cleaning up ashes.
- Two stainless steel meat probes monitor the internal temperature of your meat with a reliable point of view.
5. Z GRILLS ZPG-550B 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill
We can’t complete our list without the other Z-Grills pellets, although it also has the same features as the top pellet grills. But sometimes the grill and customer support don’t work but one of the best-selling pellet grills.
- The Ultimate 8-in-1 Versatile Barbecue Wood Fire Pellet Grill can use to bbq, bake, roast, braise, smoke, grill, sear, and char-grill.
- This Pellet Grill Technology provides the easiest way to get the flavor of wood-smoked food as compared to a pellet grill which is completely different from a gas grill and charcoal.
- Set the desired temperature and let rest and enjoy until the food is ready to eat. No labor-intensive startups and no more babysitting.
- This pellet grill comes with a 2-tier rack that has a total cooking area of 538 square inches which is ideal for 4-5 people.
- Its temperature ranges from 180 to 450 °F allowing you to cook your favorite food.
- PID digital technology always delivers consistent results for your food being perfectly cooked.
- Sturdy steel construction with high-temperature powder coat finishes to last longer and protect against corrosion.
- Easy maneuverability with two large wheels and two stands provides pure stability.
- It comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
To end this article, the Pellet Grill offers many of the useful features you need for a barbecue. This is a great option for those who don’t want to spend a lot on a pellet grill they rarely use.
With this, you will always find yourself trying it out as well as its performance is unbelievable which comes with a one-year limited warranty which can get you in trouble so we would recommend you to choose best pellet grill brands which are more reliable like – Traeger, Z Grills, Pit Boss or Camp Boss.
Is Megamaster a Good Grill?
Camp Chef Pellet Grill Problems – How to Solve Issues?
Megamaster 2 Burner Grill Review [Perfect Grill]