The charcoal smoke flavor is one of the classic flavors that everyone wants in their indoor kitchen. But the concern is whether it is right to putting charcoal in electric oven or grill.
Home appliance manufacturers are offering you grills and ovens equipped with state-of-the-art features that you can control from your mobile.
Both electric and charcoal are used for cooking, if we compare, charcoal is great for direct heat cooking. But it is not that the taste of charcoal cannot is enjoyed in an electric grill or oven. In today’s time, many methods have been invented.
This article is about how to use charcoal in an electric oven and whether you can use an electric grill.
Putting Charcoal in Electric Oven & Grill is Safe
Can you put charcoal in electric oven? here is the right answer!
No, adding charcoal to electric ovens and grills can be extremely dangerous when used indoors in your kitchen because electric ovens and grills are not designed for this. Still, with inexpensive equipment and a few things to keep in mind, you can enjoy the smoky flavor of charcoal.
I have many readers who mail me and ask “what is the advantage of charcoal in oven” frankly you destroy your oven when you use charcoal.
Of course, you don’t want any damage, because you have no other choice and you want the taste of charcoal in your meat.
How to Get Charcoal Flavor in Electric Oven & Grill
Here we’ll show you three ways how you can get the flavor of charcoal without damaging your electric oven or grill. The third one is awesome, follow that once.
- Buy hardwood charcoal lumps and breaks them into 1″ pieces.
- Put it in a heavy and big steel bowl and ignite it.
- Soak a large piece of coal in water and place it in the middle of a burning coal, making sure that the fire does not go out.
- Hardwood charcoal will result in more smoke.
- As soon as smoke appears, place the bowl in the center of the cooking area.
- It will take around 2 hours to smoke.
- To use a smoker box you need two things wood chips and the smoker box itself.
- Fill half of your favorite wood chips in the smoker box and burn it, smoke will start coming out in a while.
- Place the smoker box in the cooking area on the electric oven.
- This smoky flavor will permeate your food for up to two hours, if you want more, repeat the process again.
Use Lump Charcoal and Ghee
I am sure you have not tasted this smoky taste before.
- Heat a lump of charcoal well on the fire till it becomes completely red.
- Now keep it in aluminum foil or a steel bowl.
- Place the bowl in the center of the cooking area.
- Pour three spoons of pure ghee on the hot charcoal lamp and immediately close the door to the cooking area.
- You can see through the glass window of the oven how much smoke is being produced.
- Leave it for 30 minutes, then your meat is ready to serve.
This smoking process is actually used in Indian Nawab’s food which I have tested with many dishes, it tastes great every time. I want to thank my Indian friend who taught me this.
Use Charcoal Smoke Liquid
Have you ever wondered if you can get the taste of wood or charcoal by using liquid in place of hardwood or charcoal?
Yes, you heard it right, let us find out how to get the charcoal smoke flavor from your electric oven or grill without much hassle.
- Buy charcoal smoke liquid.
- Mix smoke liquid as directed with rub in a small bowl.
- Apply the mixture to meat, fish, vegetables, and other items.
- Leave for marination for at least 2 hours.
- Cook your food according to your method and wait till the food is cooked.
- Now time to taste it, now tells us about the liquid smoke flavor.
FAQs About Putting Charcoal in Electric Ovens
Can you smoke meat in an electric oven?
Yes, you can, people who are not in the know may describe the process of smoking meat as difficult. You can easily cook delicious smoked meats in your electric oven, you just need to be careful and take care.
Above we described the process of smoking in the oven. It’s not a long, slow, and low-smoking process. The flame is not at the temperature you expect.
Is charcoal safe to burn indoor cooking?
Never light charcoal in indoor kitchens, homes, tents, vehicles, or campers. Coal always gives more smoke, more ventilation is needed to expel the smoke.
Can I put charcoal in my electric grill?
No, you can’t put charcoal in your electric grill, as it can damage everything and void the warranty.
If you want, you can use another smoke box and liquid charcoal smoke to get charcoal flavors.
Now you are at the final of this article “Putting Charcoal in Electric Oven Or GrillHow do you get charcoal Flavour in the oven”.
We hope you have got the answer to your question about why charcoal should not be used in electric ovens and grills.
Let me remind you that we forbid you to use charcoal in electric ovens and grills, after which our only wish is to save you from a major accident.
Away from the taste of charcoal, you should consider alternatives.
We’ve suggested four ways to savor the smoke from charcoal that you can follow. I would suggest you follow all one by one and adopt the one which works best for you.